GEK1049: Tutorial 9, Cinematic Narratives
GEK1049 Tutorials Homepage.
Chapter 11: Cinematic
1-5, 12-32 only).
- Mention a film you have seen recently and how your knowledge of
narrative has helped you to understand or describe it better.
- How can a narrative be conveyed visually? Is cinematic narrative easier
to analyse than single-frame paintings that are described as 'narrative'?
- How is cinematic narrative different from written narratives that are
not performed or filmed?
- Is the idea of telling, using language, a problem with cinematic
- What are the various ways by which cinematic narratives depend on the
camera (you can mention one or two ways, and how you feel they are important
to the narrative).
- Mention any noteworthy use of flashbacks in any films you have seen.